Monday, January 17, 2011

Laundry Liquid

Don’t you hate it when you run out of washing liquid ?.....not me any more, I’ve been making my own with a recipe I got from the "down to earth" blog Here Rhonda has a section down the side titled Self reliance Rhonda's how to......

Very helpful blog that I read daily I’ll be trying her home made soap this year.


To make your own Landry liquid

You will need: 
One cup of soap flakes
Half a cup of washing soda
half a cup of borax ( I use oxy bleach ) because I divert my grey water onto my back lawn so I can stretch our precious water further (borax will eventually kill off the lawn) oxy bleach is the Green choice.

Place One & a half liters of water into a sauce pan with your ingredients on the stove, mix till the soap is dissolved then Pour into a bucket with eight & a half litres of water (mixing well). The mixture will thicken, pour into some containers. You will need 1/4 cup per load a little more depending on the size of the load and what you’re washing. I also Replace my fabric softener with vintager  

You’ll save so much money in your shopping. With the added bonus of being green!

Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment