Thursday, March 17, 2011

On my mind.

On my mind
A few weeks ago Perth was hit by a sudden storm the weight of the heavy down fall bent our back gutter,
Water started flooding the veranda...Luckily the freak storm was short & no water got inside.
If the storm went for a few hours more even all night & did flood my house we would be fine because we have flood insurance......
But do we? ....... Do you?
You may be paying for flood insurance; it may even be on your insurance papers but what type of flood insurance?
My jaw dropped to the floor last night when my husband was telling me about the Queensland flood victims, some may not be covered even with flood insurance due to the insurance company’s “definitions” of the specific Nature of the flood.
I quote: “In the aftermath of the floods, many homeowners discovered their insurance policy covered them in the event of a flash flood or flooding resulting from a storm, but not flooding from a river”
http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/mp/8769276/flood-insurance-definition-reached-govt/2/
So to say the least I’m ringing my insurance provider today because it will play on my mind till I know exactly what type of insurance I really have.
Do you know what you’re really paying for?

For more on my minds: http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Good advice, I'll follow up on Monday, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Kristi, better to be safe than sorry.

    Perth has it's fair share of bad weather, there are some wicked storms over your way, so having a good insurance policy would be a must.

    Have a great day,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete